Date: Thursday, July 19
Venue: The Scullery (Room 152)
Participation: Individual event, and a Triathlon event
Event Description: Spend a lot of time in your office tossing paperwads into the trash? Now is your chance to showcase those skills and maybe end up with gold and a shoe named for you. Compete against the clock to see how many paperwads you can sink in one minute. Apply strategy to your shot selection -- go for the 25-point paperwads first, or play it safe with the 1-point paperwads. Medalists based on number of hoops sunk.
1. Olympians compete as individuals.
2. Competitiors will shoot paperwad basketballs from the designated lines (contestants may not cross the shooting lines) during a one minute drill. NO slamdunks.
3. Points will be awarded for each basketball sunk: 1 point from the first line; 5 points from the second line; 10 points from the third line; and 25 points from the line equivalent to the half-court shot.
4. The paperwad basketballs will be different colors to correspond with the shooting range: 1 point balls will be white; 5 point balls will be yellow; 10 point balls will be blue; 25 point balls will be violet. These will be made up by the event coordinator to ensure uniformity in equipment. (Judges reserve the right to change the color scheme!)
5. The paperwad basketballs will be loaded on a book truck or table next to each shooting line -- there will need to be rebounders to return balls to the appropriate truck.
6. The winner will be determined by the highest point total.
Judges: Kara Robinson et al