Highland Fling Diskus Throw
Date: Monday, July 16
Venue: The Field of Dreams (outside Library, east side)
Participation: Individual event, and a Triathlon
||This is a green event using previously used diskus.
Event Description: This event offers a trip down Memory Lane for those
who are old enough to remember the 5.25" diskus as standard equipment.
Cyber-archaeologists have made available unearthed disks to challenge the athletes
of this Olympiad to compete as in the days of olde. Due to unexpected modifications
to the playing field, it will no longer be sufficient for the athlete to go
for distance. To win, it will be necessary to apply skill and judgment and assess
To Register: Registration for this event will be handled just prior to
the event at the Field of Dreams, following the Opening Ceremony.
Note: Participation in the Games provides tacit permission for the future use of any photographs or videos.
- Each competitor will receive 3 disks to hurl. Only the Official Olympic
Diskus may be used.
- The athlete must stand behind the designated hurl line while making the toss. If the athlete steps outside
the box before releasing the diskus from his/her hand, then that throw
- REMEMBER! Each athlete gets ONLY 3 throws, so DON'T step outside the box!
- An athlete's longest throw is measured. Oh, yes, the diskus must
remain within the area designated by the line of flags. Any throw where the diskus lands
outside the fenced area will be disqualified.
- The athlete with the longest throw wins.
- Judges will will make sure that no student/staff/faculty is in the way of
an oncoming diskus.
Judges: Keeper of the Disks Tom Warren and staff