Jubilee Flyover Paper Airplane Throw
Date: Tuesday, July 17
Venue: RAF Field (3rd floor hallway, Main Library)
Participation: Individual event
||This is intended as a green event using recycled paper.
Event Description: Athletes will construct a paper airplane within a
designated time, using the Official Sheet of Paper. Planes must be constructed
following conventional aerodynamic design. Judges will be on the alert for anyone
attempting to think outside of the box.
To Register: Send your name and the name of this event to the IOOC
Coordinator before 10 a.m. of the day of this event. Walk-ons also welcome.
Note: Participation in the Games provides tacit permission for the future use of any photographs or videos.
- Each athlete will be given one piece of standard white photocopy paper and
directed to construct a paper airplane within a 2 minute time limit.
- Airplanes may have no additional items added to their construction (e.g.,
tape, paperclips, etc.)
- Athlete must remain behind designated take-off linewhen throwing airplane.
- Each athlete will have three throws using the same airplane. No modifications to the plan will be allowed between throws. The number
of throws an athlete receives may be limited if an airplane is damaged in
flight or carried by the winds into the stratosphere.
- Plans coming to reset on top of framed structures in the flight path will be measured for distance.
- Medalists will be determined based on distance.
Judges: Reference & Instructional Services Tarmac Crew